If you're looking for an editor to help you develop your book manuscript (fiction or nonfiction, traditional or self-pub), I may be able to help!
I am open to all categories and genres, though I admittedly won't be much help with any heavy poetry or academic writing. I will let you know beforehand if I have had experience in your chosen genre. For nonfiction, you must do your own fact checking. I adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition and Merriam-Webster. All clients are required to sign an agreement and pay 40% of the estimated total up front to hold their slots.
Note: I'm still adjusting to the joys of motherhood and have a bit less time to myself than I used to, so I may require more time with your manuscript than I did in the past. Return of edited or critiqued documents will start at one month, dependent on word/page count and upcoming holidays/events.
- Manuscript critique
- applicable to fiction and nonfiction
- no edits, but will provide an editorial letter and in-line comments
- Full manuscript (more than 100 pages) ($1.25 per page)
- Partial manuscript
- First chapter (0.005 per word)
- First 50 pages ($50)
- First 100 pages ($100)
- Picture book authors, please ask me for a quote.
- Summary/book blurb support ($20)
- will provide notes for revision of back cover copy/online description
- will proofread upon completion of revision, no extra charge
- will not create blurb from scratch; client must send a workable draft
- Copy editing and proofreading are available upon request for previous clients or giveaway winners. If we got along well with the critique or a past project and you'd like to bring me on for those services, too, copy editing is $0.008 per word and proofreading is $0.007 per word.
Note: Critique prices based on manuscripts following publishing industry standards: 12-point, Times New Roman font and double-spaced with 1-inch margins.
How to Book Services:
If you have questions about what any of these services entail or would like a quote, if you don't know what you want/need, or if you'd like to chat about a project, please send me an email at nicolefrailedits [at] gmail [dot] com or fill out the form below. If you are looking for a quote on a service that is not listed, we can discuss it. Please allow me up to forty-eight hours to respond. I will request an overview of the project and will determine if I am the right person to help you.
This is very important. I will NOT work with your piece if it is already under contract with a publisher (no matter which publisher). No exceptions. Also, if I work with you on a freelance basis, it is understood that I am doing so as a freelancer and not a representative of my publishing house. Working with you does not mean I will review your manuscript for consideration/publication, acquire your project, or offer you a contract with my house.